11.05.2011

Setting up a Startup iCafe business

I'm still in the planning stages, learning how to get started with a small residential iCafe. I don't have enough to begin with. I plan to start with four refurbished PCs for surfing the net, email and chat,just the basic stuff. I don't intend on investing on games because first off the old PCs can't run modern games and second, it doesn't help the community. I know it's big business for most iCafe operators but I just don't like PC games. I prefer it to be a quiet environment for students who are working on their school projects and people who like use Facebook and watch videos on Youtube.

Here are the PC Specs:

Intel Pentium 4 1.8Ghz
512MB DDR
60GB HDD
On Board Video with AGP Slot
Includes free new Keyboard and Mouse
15-inch LCD TFT Panel
Radius AVR with 4 outlets

Cost per PC is PhP4,470 based on OpenPinoy online calculator. I'm sure that there are better offers somewhere but I will need to check first.

There is also a company that offer brand new computers on installment basis. For an AMD-based PC, the lowest installment plan is at PhP16,999. Initial down payment is PhP4,250 and payable in 12 months at PhP1,767. This is one option but I don't want to be indebted for the rest of the year.

Business permit is another issue, it's a home business so I'm not sure if I needed to register it or get a permit to operate.

No comments:

Post a Comment