11.20.2011

Discovering CrunchBang Linux

For several months, I’ve been  testing every Linux distro I can dig up for my old PC. I’ve been running Ubuntu on my desktop and got disappointed to learn that it was too bloated. I also used Sabayon 6, one of the best distro I’ve ever tried. I liked it but updating it and downloading software packages is a pain in the butt for somebody who uses pre-paid USB Plug-it to get to the Internet.

None of the other distros quite cut it, until I came across CrunchBang. I can say that I’m completely satisfied. It’s is based on Debian, it uses Openbox window manager and Xfce desktop environment. CrunchBang Linux is designed to be light and quick and has the best choice of default apps you could ask for.  I’ve been using it for 3 months, never had any problems with it, I never looked back on my Ubuntu days.

What is your favorite Linux distro?

No comments:

Post a Comment